A person’s ability to access knowledge has always made a difference, and this has never been truer than it is now in the digital era. Businesses now have access to more critical information than they have ever had before, and securing that information is essential to the success of their operations.
Adequate network security is a gatekeeper for protecting data and prohibiting illegal access to modification or alteration of a computer network and its resources. Still wondering what network security is, why it is vital to your organization, and which forms of network security may be relevant to your company? Read on.
Network Security – The Basics
Network security refers to any method, equipment, or activity meant to ensure the safety and dependability of a network and the data it transmits or stores. In simple words, it’s like a fence around private property or a lock on a door that regulates access by preventing various threats from entering and spreading throughout a system.
Cybersecurity aims to safeguard systems and networks linked to the internet from attacks, such as those carried out by hackers or viruses. Most commonly, network security begins with authentication in the form of a username and password. Still, it can also include other tools to protect the information on the network, such as firewalls, anti-virus programs, and VPNs.
The Different Types of Network Security Protections
- Cloud Security
- Access Control
- Application Security
- Behavioral Analytics
- Network Segmentation
- Data Loss Prevention (DLP)
- Virtual Private Network (VPN)
- Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS)
- Antivirus and Anti-Malware Software
- Distributed Denial Of Service Prevention (DDOS)
- Security Information And Event Management (SIEMS)
The Many Benefits of Network Security
Digitalization is no longer a choice if a company is to succeed in today’s competitive business environment; it is an absolute need. Every operations manager’s priority list should include ensuring the security of their digital infrastructure, which is becoming more critical as more and more firms move into the digital realm. If that isn’t enough to persuade you, consider the following list of the most significant advantages your company stands to gain from increased network security.
- Network security increases client and consumer trust while protecting your company from negative reputational and legal consequences of a security breach.
- Your company’s compliance with business and government requirements will be aided by implementing an effective network security solution.
- From enabling employees to work safely from any place via VPN to fostering cooperation through secured access, network security supports the future of work.
The Final Cut
If your company employs a wireless router to offer internet access across the building, it is an example of a local area network (LAN). However, if your LAN is not protected, anybody may access your network—and this is where network security services come in. At DCWireNet, we employ the finest firewall(s), spam blockers, and anti-virus software available, preventing unwanted access into your system, whether the intrusion results from a simple spam attack or a complex hacker attack.
Ready to make the most out of your network security? Get in touch with us today.